[squid-users] Is Squid the right tool for my situation?

From: Andrew Nesbit <alnesbit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:50:24 +1100 (EST)

Hi, could somebody please tell me if Squid is appropriate for my needs...

I have an account on a Solaris 8 machine which has full access to the
Internet and no web proxy/cache installed.

I also have a laptop computer (running MacOSX) connected to the same
network. This machine only has access to other hosts on the same network.

What I'd like to do is install a web proxy in my account on the Solaris 8
machine so that I can get web access from my OSX machine.

I don't have superuser privileges on the Solaris 8 machine, and I'm not
really interested in caching, just proxying.

Can I do this using Squid? And if so, is there anything special I need to
know?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.