RE: [squid-users] access.log

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:03:33 +1100

Logs are rotated using "squid -k rotate". It is explained prominently
in the documentation. Just put that into a crontab entry at some
suitable time (nightly, weekly etc. depending on how large you want to
let the logs get.)

> Is it possible to parse access.log file in real time? while
> squid is running. I need it to analyse the amount of data each
> user downloaded.

In test enmvironments I run tail -f on the log. There is also a tool
called squidtaild that does realtime user analysis (although we turned
it off as it used too much memory on our production server.) See the
logfile analysis page on the squid site.

Michael Lightfoot
Unix Consultant
ISG Host Systems
Comcare
+61 2 62750680

NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.