[squid-users] 'src' ACL does not override msnt_auth

From: <Torsten.Lange@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:32:05 +0100

Hi there,

Since this is a 3.0-related question it might not be appropriate to put it
in here, but maybe anyone has an idea...

I have used Squid 2.5pre6 with NCSA authorisation so far.
Yesterday, I upgraded to Squid 3.0dev with msnt_auth.

The NT authorisation works fine, but I cannot grant access to single src
IPs without authenticating any longer.

This is what I have configured:

acl GURU src 10.1.2.253/255.255.255.255
acl GURU src 10.1.2.152/255.255.255.255
acl AUTH proxy_auth REQUIRED
[...]
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny !GURU !AUTH all

Is this because I am using the 'allowed list'-feature from msnt_auth?

Although my client machine uses 10.1.2.253, I still have to authenticate
via MSNT.
This has definitely not been the case with Squid 2.5pre6 and NCSA
authorisation.

Thanks.

Torsten