[squid-users] Proxy authentication - PXY1

From: David O'Sullivan <dosullivan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:19:36 -0000

All, anyone

Initially let me say that I am new to Linux, squid, web based technology,
the lot.
I have been given the honerous task of setting up a proxy caching server on
a linux box (Suse 8.1).

I have configured squid and pointed at it. I have configured proxy
authentication and my config file relevant acls are below

acl mynet src 192.168.90.105/255.255.255.255

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access deny !mynet

http_access allow password

# And finally deny all other access to this proxy

http_access allow localhost

http_access deny all

Authentication does occur reasonably successfully, incidentally I am using
pam_auth as my authentication program.

The problem is that what I would like is for users to be initially presented
with a disclaimer form which they must accept before the proxy
authentication is offered. If they don't accept they are not allowed through
the proxy and presented with a decline screen.

Is there an accepted method for achieving this client/server interaction and
still use proxy authentication. I guess the use of Apache to display these
pages is a must (OR can squid be bent to do these tasks).

All responses gratefully received, preferably initially at least in laymen's
terms , i.e. not down in the depths of development speak.

Cheers

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose,
forward, copy or take any action in respect of this email or any
attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify the sender. While ADM and Optecon have taken every reasonable
precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage,
which you may sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out
your own virus checks before opening the attachment.