Re: [squid-users] Squid/Solaris problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:10:57 +0100

"Downing, Mark" wrote:

> Hardware: Sun E250
> 2 300MHz Ultrasparcs
> 2g memory

Good memory. Slightly slow CPUs by today standards.

What about disks? One single cache drive, or multiple?

> cache_mem 16M (I've tried setting it as high as 512 with no impact)

16M is fine.

> cache_dir diskd /prox 12000 16 256 Q1=64 Q2=72

Looks good.

> I've tried ufs as well.

Not good if you can get diskd or aufs running..

> squid never seems to use more than 10m of RAM.

then it probably haven't cached much yet.

> Perhaps I need to recompile with another MALLOC?

Only if you find that Squid uses a whole lot more memory than it should,
which does not seem to be the case here..

How much traffic are you trying to push via this Squid?

What does system accouting report about disk and cpu usage? (sar is your
friend, see the Solaris administration manuals on how to set up sar
accounting if you have not done so already)