Re: [squid-users] interesting auth question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 13:39:17 +0200

tor 2003-04-17 klockan 12.59 skrev Hegedus, Ervin:

> but, when i look basic method, i never find some info about
> proxy-auth-required info (user/password, or else):
> .*/*..Accept-Lan
> guage:.hu..Proxy
> -Authorization:.
> Basic.YWlyd2Vlbj
> phaXI=..User-Age
> nt:.Mozilla/4.0.
>
> here is just an Authorization: string, and some (coded) string.

Proxy-Authorization: Basic YWlyd2VlbjphaXI=

This says that the browser send Basic HTTP Authentication user
credentials, and the encoded string (BASE64 encoded login:password)
says:

Login: airween
Password: air

> what did i forget?

Nothing. Everything is normal.

For all gory details on both Basic and Digest authentication see
RFC2617.

--
Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and