Re: [squid-users] caching and apache redirects

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:41:00 +0200

On Monday 21 April 2003 08.07, Kevin Mulcahy wrote:
> Hi
> I've set up squid as a transparent proxy on a RH 8.0 box.
> I've also set up apache on an external box with various
> RedirectMatch directives in place when certain urls are requested.
> I would like squid to cache the files being ("redirectly")
> requested. However on reload of the url i get a TCP_MISS/301 in the
> access log. Does anyone know of a way to get squid to cache these
> files?

Is the redirects cacheable? More specifically, have you configured any
expiry time in your Apache for these 301 redirects? If not Squid
won't cache them with the default refresh_pattern settings.

Also note that you MUST NOT use the reload button to check for cache,
as the reload button in most browsers instructs caches to always get
fresh content from the origin server..