Re: [squid-users] errors-to-log ratio/thresholds for software abort and comm_accept

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:07:57 +0200

On Friday 25 April 2003 18.28, Adam wrote:

> Well as I mentioned I did see that explanation in previous posts.
> It just seemed hard to believe that users hit the stop button 443
> or 886 times! Just seemed implausible but I'm not sitting at their
> desks so I guess I'll never know.

It is not only the stop button. It is any kind of cancelled requests.

The exact same thing happens if a user does anything while a page
(including embedded objects such as images etc) is being loaded,
causing the operation to be aborted by the browser

  - Follows a link while images is loading
  - Uses the back button before the page has loaded fully
  - Clicks on another link before the first selected link has started
to be loaded
  - etc...

The specific error relating to comm_accept is if the browser decides
to abort the request before it has even been received by Squid, which
is not too unlikely to happen in the cases listed above.