[squid-users] Advice for redirect/accelerate setup

From: Sjaak Nabuurs <sjaak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:26:01 +0200

Hi

I'm new to this list and like to ask the following i've secarched the
internet for a while but it's not realy clear to me.
I have a server in a datacenter and a few servers on my office location.

On my office location have nearly 200 websites on 5 servers with a thin
internet connection.

Now I like to setup squid to do redirect/accelerate all the website's.
How to set this up easy.

Do I really have to use scripts like these ?
Will this script accelerate the data and store in the squid cache
environement.?
        #!/usr/local/bin/perl
        $|=1;
        while (<>) {
                s@http://fromhost.com@http://tohost.org@;
                print;
        }
---------------------------------------
And for a redhat 8 and squid -v 2.4STABLE7 do I have to recompile squid.

Do perlscripts or php with MySQL(local) run with no errors !!
Looks for me that this will give a lot of problems.

I was guessing that smart use of ACL is could be done as well but i can't
find

This question is asked for maybe 100 time's my appologys for this but I
can't find a real answer.

Does anyone have this list in mbox format for me to download

Thanks

Sjaak