[squid-users] Established connection

From: Ciocanel Andreea <andreea.ciocanel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:12:09 +0200

Hello all,
I have 2 questions:

1)
Do you know how can I change the timeout setting for an ESTABLISHED connections between the client and my proxy server?

Now it takes around 2 minutes to close a connection if my client have no activity on the internet. If I use my proxy server and I do a "netstat", I have no activity with the proxy, only after 2 minutes I see that there is no Established sessions...

If I use directly the proxy server of our internet providers, after 5 seconds (if I have no activity with that server) there are no Established sessions..

I would like to close the established sessions almost imediatelly (5 or 10 sec) if no activity is seen...

2)
My proxy server sometimes hangs, and I noticed that:
- there are many FIN_WAIT1s on my proxy server.

Do you know what parameter I should change? I tried to change the pconn, the half_close_time...but no results..
-top shows that the CPU states: 88.8% user,

But this problem is sporadic..time to time is runns relly slow (I checked my internet providers proxy and it is ok.so it is a problem with my proxy server)

Thanks
Andreea Ciocanel