Re: [squid-users] changing access log name from shell ...

From: Kenn Murrah <kenn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:05:27 -0500

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>mån 2003-05-19 klockan 14.31 skrev Kenn Murrah:
>

>>Is it possible to change the name of the access log via a shell command?
>> (i currently do it via webmin but would like to automate my procedure.)
>> If possible, could someone point me in the direction of a document
>>expaining how?
>>

>If your question is on how to change the Squid configuration on where
>Squid should write the access log file then the exact same things you do
>in the squid configuration via webmin can you also do directly in
>squid.conf with a text editor of choice.
>
>Regards
>Henrik

i should have worded my question better ... yes, of course i can edit
the file using vi (and occasionally do), but i'm trying to automate a
procedure (of which changing the current name of the accesslog is a
part) ... so probably Christoph's suggestion that i use an awk script
would probably be the best solution ??? i can do that, but didn't know
if there might be another way ...

thanks for the suggestion.