Re: [squid-users] Squid + (BGP) Routing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:54:23 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Mark Tinka wrote:

> --- Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote: >
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Mark Tinka wrote:
> >
> > > this is, indeed, the case.. my cache server is
> > > situated right between my border and core
> > routers..
> > > so, it's directly in the path of all
> > incoming/outgoing
> > > (HTTP) traffic..
> >
> > Do you really route all traffic via the cache
> > server, having the cache
> > server acting as a router between your internal and
> > border networks?
>
> no, i don't.. only HTTP traffic... sorry for the
> parenthesis :)..

The thing is that when you are using IP-Spoofing you also need to redirect
return traffic to the proxy server. It is not by far as simple as
redirection of client requests to the proxy.

Well.. if you limit yourself to port 80, and force clients to NOT
configure their browsers to use the proxy then it may be possible, but
still not simple.