[squid-users] Problems with Squid under Cygwin

From: thors_hammer123 <thors_hammer123@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:53:05 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am having some problems getting Squid running under
my Windows box. I have tried both the Cygwin (which I
would prefer) and the native version with the same
result.
Under Cygwin:
Squid compiles and installs fine. When I tried to run
it, I got an error saying that user 'nobody' did not
exist (I do not understand why it was running under
this user given that I fired it from my account.) So I
added a user 'nobody' to /etc/passwd. Then it
complained that group 'nogroup' did not exist. So I
added 'nogroup' to /etc/groups. Now squid starts up
and immediately terminates abnormally...without
displaying a single line of text or error code, so I
am stumped.
Using the native NT version:
Same thing as last problem. Cygwin aborts abnormally
without a single line of text displayed.

I am not sure what could be the problem. Any ideas?

TIA,

Anthony