RE: [squid-users] WARNING: Disk space over limit in Version 2.5.STABLE5

From: Elsen Marc <elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:25:03 +0200

> > > space over limit:?
>
> On 05.04 11:53, Elsen Marc wrote:
> > > where do you see this error? IF in system log or on a
> > > console, check if
> > > you didn't set up disk quota for user under which squid
> is running.
> >
> > ?????????
>
> !!!!!!!

 The reason for my reply is that you are hitting the ball wrong :

 The messages comes from Squid not the OS and hence the issue
 reported is SQUID related.
 If disk quota would play a roll, and SQUID would be enforced
 to use >OS< related disk quota then various other problems
 would occur when squid would exhaust this value, such
 as the ability to write 'swap' files, write in log files
 e.d. Which would probably lead to 'fatal' conditions, I presume.

 M.