Re: [squid-users] Recommended Hardware for my platform

From: Michael Gale <michael.gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:13:31 -0600

Hello,

        I am not sure I would use IDE drives, depending on your cache size the IDE will
have a slower read write time. If you have the budget go with SCSI.

If not, we use a PIII 1GHz with 1GB of RAM - 700MB of RAM for the OS and squid
to use and 300MB for the "cache" directory. Of course we lose all the cache if
the box reboots -- but it is only cache, you can copy it to a HDD directory
if you really want to keep it.

Michael.

--
Michael Gale