Re: [squid-users] winbind and ntlm auth

From: Darren Spruell <darren_spruell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:51:43 -0600

Jim_Brouse/PYT@PASCUAYAQUITRIBE.ORG wrote:
> I have gotten winbind to work with squid but one problem is that the
> authentication is basic and from what I read at the FAQ ntlm or basic auth
> is supported, is there a way to force ntlm auth, this is for a MS AD 2000
> domain and Samba 3 with squid 2.5

As posted earlier, the browser determines a lot of what you will want to
go with. You determine via your config what squid can use. Maybe decide
on choosing the most secure auth method supported by the majority of
your clients. In our environment, we have 100% MSIE users and our squid
is set up with ntlm authentication. Here's some of our config:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth \
        --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 20
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

--
Darren Spruell
Sento I.S. Department