Re: [squid-users] Re: Re: Re: delay pools help

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:27:12 +0000

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 12:00:12PM -0400, Adam Aube wrote:

> No. It means the first 12 KB (kilobytes) downloaded will be at full speed,
> and anything beyond that will be limited to 64 Kbps (kilobits). If the
> delay pool remains idle for about 2 seconds, the 12 KB burst will be
> restored.

Ok. I still have a LOT of confusion over these delay pool things. The
FAQs are not very clear either. They ask you to refer to the
configuration file. I couldn't get much from confuguration file either.
Is there any other source of information where words like bucket,
delay_class and delay_parameters are explained in more detail?

Also, one more thing, how do I know if the delay pools I have created
are really working or not?

Thanks a lot for the help.

With warm regards,
-Payal