[squid-users] Is it worth caching .html files?

From: Jason McNeil <jasonm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:21:23 -0300

Hi there I've had some recent complaints from users about receiving
stale pages despite hitting their reload/refrsh buttons. I know myself
to press and hols shift and reload to solve the problem, but I don't
expect my users to as well. I guess my real question here is, is it even
worth caching .html files? Normally squid will have to contact the
target server to ask for a fresh copy anyways, and with the relatively
small size of html files it would probably not make much difference if
they were never cached at all, but the user would still graphics and
other objects from the cache.

Should I put this in?

< acl FRESHPAGES urlpath_regex cgi-bin \? (html|shtml)
< no_cache deny FRESHPAGES

yay or nay?