Re: [squid-users] strange caching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:11:46 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, sk wrote:

> point IE at proxy and it shows my mailbox.
> ( also i tried one thing, my test box is in my same lan and if i go through
> that ( direct setting in ie ) it gives me the mailbox.
>
> PC -> test squid (sq 2.5.7 on suse 9.1 pro, same lan ) -> rtr ->
> rtr(wccp ) -> squid ( main proxy squid 2.5.7 on suse 8.0)
>
> But this is the first time i'm having problem.
> Morover my other email box with hotmail opens fine. under all conditions.

Hotmail have had problems dealing with the HTTP procotol violations of
transparently intercepting traffic in the past, and I would not be
supriced if it still causes problems.

Transparently intercepting HTTP to the proxy should be viewed as a "last
resort" configuration option when configuring the clients to use the proxy
is totally impossible. It is not by far a good or optimal setup.