Re: [squid-users] Why zero-length files in cache?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:18:41 -0500

On Sunday 02 January 2005 6:18 pm, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Steve Snyder wrote:
> > I noticed that my Squid (2.5S7 + official patches) recently has a
> > multitude of zero-length files in the cache directories.
>
> Maybe your Squid is compiled with --enable-truncate? If so then you
> asked for it to behave this way.

Yes, that's it. I recently updated, using Red Hat's updated package as a
template. It seems that they have just recently added the
--enable-truncate option. Thus my build is using it too.

Looking around, I see very little info on --enable-truncate and when it is
appropriate/beneficial for use. Given that I'm running on Linux, with
the ReiserFS file system, would I be better off using this option or not?

Thanks.