Re: [squid-users] Not authorized to view page

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:44:34 +0100

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 11:16 +0700, sk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A particular site isn't working when going through squid.
> "HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid
> credentials.
> Internet Information Services (IIS)"
>
> But when i access directly it works, with a pop up for username paswd.
>
> Site is http://www.cominkhmere.com/testonline/index.htm

That site is likely using NTLM authentication (or "windows integrated
authentication". That authentication doesn't work across proxies by
design (this not entirely true, it MIGHT be proxable but the details are
not known).
That authentication system is DEPRECATED by Microsoft for Internet
usage, so I think that the best option is to contact the site
administrator and ask him to user a saner authentication system.

--
Kinkie <kinkie-squid@kinkie.it>