[squid-users] Two questions about the cachemgr in Squid 2.5.STABLE7

From: <Tom.Williams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:35:04 -0800

I'm runing Squid 2.5.STABLE7 w/ DISKD on a Fedora Core 2 Linux box and it's
running well, serving about 15 or so machines. Performance is great and
I'm very happy with it. I recently changed the cache replacement policy
from LRU to heap GDSF and so far so good.

My questions:

1. What does the "unlink" count in the DISKD stats section of the cachemgr
mean? Does that indicate the number of cache objects that have been
deleted from the cache?

2. Also, I'm still populating my cache. It's about 14% used and I'm
wondering when Squid will start purging items from the cache, now that I'm
using GDSF vs LRU. Will Squid purge items from the cache even though it's
not near the cache_swap_low threshold?

Thanks!

Peace..

Tom