RE: [squid-users] NTLM authentication problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:12:04 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Hugues Ferland wrote:

> I read that "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connection" should not be enabled
> when using NTLM authentication with proxy. But even that as no effect -
> disabled or enabled.

Honestly I have never understood exacly what the "Use HTTP 1.1 through
proxies" option does, or why it is even needed. HTTP/1.1 is very well
defined in how the client is supposed to behave in precense of HTTP/1.0
proxies and servers.

> I just hope to find some documentation about "IE NTLM authentication with
> proxy". So far I got nothing that could help me.

Not aware of very much documentation on this. Maybe there is some in the
MSIE Administrator manuals or Resource Kit, but I doubt so. Try searching
on MS Technet for any relevant techical administrator manuals for MSIE
(the kind of manuals describing registry settings, IEAT integratoin
details etc).