Re: [squid-users] SquidNT ignoring dns_nameservers?

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:43:34 +0100

Hi,

At 16.27 02/01/2006, Joost de Heer wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have installed SquidNT on Windows 2003, and configured a nameserver with
>dns_nameservers (due to domain restrictions, I can't change the nameserver
>in the TCP properties, and I want to use the local DNS server, not a
>server on the other side of the country). This nameserver works (I can use
>'nslookup dns.name dns.server.ip' and everything resolves fine), but when
>I start Squid, a DNS error is logged (DNS tests failed), and Squid fails
>to start.
>
>I've temporarily solved the problem by adding -D to the CommandLine
>registry key, but I'm wondering if anyone has an idea as to why SquidNT
>seems to ignore the dns_nameservers line.

Squid on Windows doesn't ignore the dns_nameservers squid.conf
directive, unless you are using an old external DNS build.

The specified name server could not be able to resolve the host names
specified in the dns_testnames squid.conf directive.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/