Re: [squid-users] Squid with SquidGuard

From: Mark Elsen <mark.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:50:17 +0100

> I haven't tried restarting yet - but given that "ping localhost" works
> with the firewall(s) in place do you still think that this is my problem?

  It could still be, so the restarting with all Firewalling off should
still be tried.

> I still think that the "Permission denied" message is caused by file
> ownership problems - but where?

 There shouldn't be if SquidGuard runs under the same user as squid
(defined in squid.conf).
 Btw, do you start SQUID as root ?
 Even if no privileged port is used for http-receiving, I would still
start as root. I am
 not sure whether this inter process communication , which goes via
 the loopback interface , may need root privilege to create the socket.

 I am not sure about that.

 M.