Re: [squid-users] the dreaded 'zero sized reply' on RHEL3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:12:56 +0200

ons 2006-06-21 klockan 17:11 +0200 skrev tomvo@absi.be:

> Well, not sure what you mean with 'support for this patched binary
> distribution is provided by redhat' but 2.5.stable3 is the latest one that
> they offer for RHEL3 (via their up2date tool).

That support for the RedHat binary distribution of Squid is provided by
RedHat.

> Can you tell me where I can find a officially supported squid for RHEL3
> that is more current ?

The officially supported Squid version in this forum is the current
STABLE source code release, i.e. currently 2.5.STABLE14. And yes RHEL3
is a supported platform.

But we won't hurt you for running a binary distribution. Just that we
can not help you much with problems which seem to be specific to the
binary distribution you are running, and we also expect you to verify
that any problem you may have exists in the current version of Squid as
well before looking into the exact details.

Translated to your current question this means that the level of the
original question you sent is fine. So is also questions related to how
to configure Squid etc. However, as the problem could not be repeated by
clicking on the link you provided it's not back on your table to verify
if you see the problem using the current version of Squid (not the
RedHat version). Or alternatively if you do not want to try the
squid-cache.org source distribution send the question to your RedHat
support contact.