AW: [squid-users] force basic NTLM-auth for certain clients/urls

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:17:25 +0200

thanxs for that hint - it worked as a fix

i have addes this to my squid.conf

acl javaNtlmFix browser -i java
header_access Proxy-Authenticate deny javaNtlmFix
header_replace Proxy-Authenticate Basic realm="Internet Access"

now any java-client (java web start, java or applets in browser) will only see the basic auth scheme.
a username/password dialog pops up and i have to enter my credentials.

any other client (firefox, ie) still se both NTLM and Basic scheme and use NTLM challenge response to authenticate...

the little drawback is, that there is that little nasty dialog but connection via proxy is working...

thanxs

markus