Re: [squid-users] Squid on DualxQuad Core 8GB Rams - Optimization - Performance - Large Scale - IP Spoofing

From: Tony Dodd <tony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:39:08 +0100

Michel Santos wrote:
<snip>
> but fortunatly true that caching performance is in first place a matter of
> fast hardware
>
> that you can see and not only read common bla-bla I add a well-known mrtg
> graph of the hit rate of a dual-opteron sitting in front of a 4MB/s ISP
> POP
>
> and I get pretty much more hits as you told at the beginning on larger
> POPs - so I do not know where you get your squid's 1000 req limit from ...
> must be from your P-III goody ;)

<snip>

That RRD you attached.. is that 1600 requests per MINUTE, or was
something lost in translation? If it is indeed 1600, that seems awfully
low, at ~26.667 requests per second. (I'm comparing these numbers to
what I achieve with my squid installs -- ~3600 requests/min or 60/sec on
average; but load tested up to 18000 requests/min or 300/sec stably).

--
Tony Dodd, Systems Administrator
Last.fm | http://www.last.fm