Re: [squid-users] Squid can't connect some web sites

From: Cheng Bruce <itlist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:24:29 +0800

Hi Tek,

Thank you so much.
Do you live in Nepal ?

> So pfSense is based on OpenBSD's PF firewall. Which OS is your hardware running on?
pfSense's OS is FreeBSD 6.2, it is based on OpenBSD's PF firewall.
If you are interested in pfSense, we can chat in private, pfSense is
opensource, I think it very nice.

> Although, the first time, I admit that it took a long time to access it. However, once the pages start loading, the browsing of this site is fine.

I think that is maybe the problem is due to this site.

> What is the exact error message that Squid reports before timing out?
I see a lot of TCP_MISS.

> How did you install Squid? Are you sure that your ACLs are not affecting this site?
pfSense ( www.pfsense.com) is the open source, it bases on m0n0wall
(another firewall, OS is FreeBSD).
pfSense has this package, I just click squid package link in webGUI,
it will finish installing all relative packages.

I am sure that the RULEs are not affecting this site, and I set the
rules in firewall to pass it to make sure it will go through my
network.

> Well since I can access this site, it could also mean the problem is arising due to pfSense. But I am not sure about it.

At the beginning, I access this site without squid, and I can access
this site but I need to wait for a long time to see whole pages.
Therefore I think the problem may be due to pfSense.
But I asked my friends (in Malaysia, in China, in Taiwan, in USA)
access this site via Squid, they don't use pfSense, They have the same
problems like me.

Therefore I think there is something wrong between this site and
Squid. I am trying to figure out what happen, but ...

> 12:21:25 root@proxy:~$ telnet www.hsa.gov.sg 80
I traced it before, but I am not quite sure where the main problem is.

Please advise me.
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards,
Bruce