[squid-users] Port 0 Behaviour.

From: Víctor J. Hernández Gómez <vjhergom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:08:36 +0100

Hi all,

we have a squid2.5STABLE14 on Linux up and working wonders for plenty of
time, and have found today our first problem.

Looking at the log (access.log) we can see the following line:

Jan 28 12:41:19 origen@xxxxxxxxxxx squid_a: 1201520479.040 0
192.168.1.51 TCP_DENIED/400 1568 POST
http://193.147.185.27:0/HZTunnel/4823/479dbf5e2f3 - NONE/- text/html

Denying access to !!port 0!! I have been investigating on squid-user
mailing list itself and found a thread with an interesting issue: ""
fastening squid to a port: problem"". This thread has let me learn that
browsers send requests to port 80 when URLs are those of the type
http://host.domain:0/ This works not only when requests are directed to
a conventional web server, but also when requests are directed to the
proxy (that is, the browser itself strips the 0 part of the URL
transforming the URL to a canonized form -or similar behaviour-).

However, we are now using sort of a web client for virtual learning
which seems to have its own way for doing client connections...
Strangely when the client is not using the proxy, it works perfectly but
when it is using it, squid denies the access (see log above).

I have added acl Safe_port 0 to squid.conf just in case. Any idea of
what to do to bypass this problem?

Thank you in advance,

--
Víctor J. Hernández Gómez