Fwd: [squid-users] Re: cannot auth win 2003 users with squid ldap_auth

From: Sheldon Carvalho <sheldon.sc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:20:24 -0800

Hi Alan,
I tried the following command
/usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b "dc=abcgroup,dc=local" -D
"cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=abcgroup,dc=local" -h 192.168.10.3
I typed in the username and the password as you mentioned. It gave me ERR Sccess
So its giving me an ERR and Success which again I dont know what it means?!

And if I try
/usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -R -b "dc=abcgroup,dc=local" -D
"cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=abcgroup,dc=local" -f sAMAccountName=%s
-h 192.168.10.3
and then typed the username and password it gives me an error
-->squid_ldap_auth: WARNING, LDAP search error 'Operation Error'

if I try it with the -w"password!" it gives me an err saying: bash:
!": event not found
So for some reason squid cannot recognise the ! symbol

So, I dont know if i am typing the search string incorrectly????