RE: [squid-users] How to not cache a site?

From: Jerome Yanga <jyanga_at_esri.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:09:25 -0700

It took me sometime to find this email until a friend pointed it out.
You brought up the point that we have been trying to solve by not
caching the site.

Here is the full story. There is a site behind our Reverse Proxy that
keeps on getting funky due to missing icons and some pages that does not
follow the formatting. Looking into this issue, we realized that even
if we configured our HTTP Headers not to cache this site, I still find
instances of that site in the cache during purging. This is what
started this post.

We have compiled our Apache to use mod_auth_session to assist in
security of the site.

What you have provided below seems to have pointed us to resolving this
issue.

"The redirection just has a "Cache-Control: max-age=0", which allows the

cache to store the response, and just requires that it be revalidated
(which is done as evidenced by the TCP_REFRESH_HIT in the Squid log)."

It seems that when the responses got stored, the authentication gets
funky and in effect some objects referenced in the page cannot be
access. We will modify our mod_auth_session code to avoid this
condition. If neither the recoding of mod_auth_session nor adding the
"cache deny" directives does work, I will update this post.

Thank you so much, Chris.

Regards,
Jerome