[squid-users] User Access With Using A Squid Proxy

From: bradb28 <bradblack28_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:57:23 -0800 (PST)

I currently have 1 squid proxy i'm using for my company configured to block
all web access allowing only access to sites that I have on a proxy.pac file
which is located under var/www/html/proxy.pac I currently have 2 groups
within Active Directory. The first group is a managed user group which is
the group I point too the proxy to block all web access only allowing sites
approved on the proxy.pac file. The 2nd user group within Active directory
is a un-managed user group which have full access to the internet because
they don't point to the proxy. To make a long story short what I wanted to
know if it can be done and how.... Is there a way to continue blocking the
manage user group only allowing them access to websites on the proxy.pac
file and also start pointing the un-managed group to the same proxy giving
them total access to the internet but blocking various sites I.E. Porn
etc.... Or would it be better just to configure a second proxy and point the
un-managed users to it? Please advise

New Squid User