Re: [squid-users] Authntication loop

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:43:29 -0800

csampath wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using squid3.0 satble 15.
>
> I am facing the authentication loop . For a page to load squid is asking for
> 3 to 5 times (may be for each ajax request)
>
> When I give wrong password it is saying
>
> Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request http://yahoo.com from this
> cache until you have authenticated yourself.
>
> When I give correct password it is asking repeatedly (for every click)
>
> Here is my squid configuration.
>

> http_port 3128 accel vport vhost
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/squid_radius_auth -f
> /etc/squid/squid_radius_conf
> auth_param basic children 2
> auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
> acl radius-auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
> http_access deny all !radius-auth
> http_access deny !radius-auth all
> http_access allow all
> http_reply_access allow all
> visible_hostname localhost
> #miss_access allow all
> cache deny all
> always_direct allow all
>
> can any one suggest me the order of http_access entries in the configuration
> file?

 From the information given, I gather that you are running an
interception proxy. The accel argument to http_port is meant for
acceleration setups, not for interception setups. I further surmise
that you chose to go the "accel vport vhost" route because using
"transparent" gave configuration errors with authentication.

There is a reason for that.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy#head-e56904dd4dfe0e21e5c2903473c473d401533ac7

> Appreciate your response.
>
> Thanks