[squid-users] Proxy header forwarding

From: Mr. K <dbuschiazzo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:06:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am new on this stuff so I apologize if the question is too silly.

I am using SQUID 2.6 Stable 21 running in a Red Hat Linux server.

The issue that I can not solve is that when I received an http get, from a
client the packet arrives to the squid with the Proxy-Authorization header.
Following is a tcpdump of an httpget received by the squid.

Proxy-Authorization: Basic NTMzMDAwN zg3NTMwMTc2Mzo=.
        Credentials: 5330008986641731

I need to forward this header in order to be used by the
next-hop-proxy-server to authenticate the user. But, when the request is
sent to the next-hop-proxy-server the packet is sent without this specific
header.

I have defined a testing ACL

acl redir_acl2 dstdomain .google.com

For this ACL, I have tried to configure the header_access options
unsuccessfully.

header_access Proxy-Authorization allow redir_acl2

Can you tell me what can I do to forward this specific header?

Thanks a lot.