[squid-users] problems

From: Al - Image Hosting Services <azick_at_zickswebventures.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:56:25 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I seem to have created a lot of problems for myself. We are using squid
with custom written software to filter web content. Because the server is
in one location and my users are in other locations and because of the
large number of hours spent helping people setup their computers to use
the proxy, I had software written to push everything on port 80, 443, and
21 to the squid servers and to prevent people from changing the settings.
This is where I ran into problems. Both https and ftp are filtered fine
when configured in the browser, but don't work when just pushed to the
proxy though the software. Since the software runs on the end users
computers, it seems like I should be able to make ftp and https work. Does
anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Best Regards,
Al