Re: [squid-users] website accessible on one proxy but not through another

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 23:04:58 +1300

goody goody wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running (squid/2.5.STABLE10) on freebsd.
>
> I am running two different proxy server for different LANS, but users experiencing problem while visit below site on one proxy whereas the same site is accessible on another proxy. so please guide what could be the possible reason.
>
> I have tried to purge the cache but this object is not in the cache (404 error returned).

Good. That means it's a real live problem. Not a temporary random event
that got cached.

> Regards,
> .Goody.
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved

> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.swift.com/about_swift/index.page?
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Connection Failed
> The system returned:
>
> (13) Permission denied
>
> The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again

Hmm, operating system returns "Permission Denied" to opening a TCP link.
Weird.

Please check:

  * what each configured DNS server for both working and non-working
proxy are returning for 'www.swift.com'. Try to telnet to each IP from
the non-working proxy machine.

  * whether SELinux is running and what the permissions are for the
Squid user ('nobody' or cache_effective_user in squid.conf).

I've not seen a firewall send back that message, but just in case
followup by checking those settings as well.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.14