Re: [squid-users] Squid Logs

From: Nadeem Semaan <nadeem_semaan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 03:36:37 -0700 (PDT)

I tried dig -x 10.6.3.77 and got the machine name of the user. I also searched the log files for both the IP and machine name of the user and found that squid has logged IP on one request, then name on second request, then IP on third request, then the rest were all looged by machine name. ----- Original Message ---- From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net> To: Nadeem Semaan <nadeem_semaan_at_yahoo.com> Cc: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org Sent: Mon, October 19, 2009 10:51:02 PM Subject: Re: [squid-users] Squid Logs mån 2009-10-19 klockan 06:24 -0700 skrev Nadeem Semaan: > I have configured named on the machine running squid to retrieve the > forward and reverse zones from my DNS server (windows).  I also have > squid configured to log the fqdn (log_fqdn on). I have also tries > playing around with the dns_nameservers option, but I'm still getting > IPs in my log files. Is there a way to only log the fqdn, do I need to > change the dns expiry settings to less than one day?  Please help. If log_fqdn is on then Squid will log the host name, provided the DNS server responds in a reasonable time. Can you resolve the IP addresses from the Squid server?   dig -x ip.of.client.station or alternatively   dig -x ip.of.client.station @selected.nameserver.address Regards Henrik