[squid-users] Cisco switches and cache interception and TPROXY

From: Clemente Aguiar <ca-lists_at_madeiratecnopolo.pt>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 17:30:16 +0000

I am in the process of upgrading our network infrastructure.

At present I have a Cisco Router and I have a working interception cache
(Squid) using WCCPv2 protocol for this purpose.

In this upgrade process, I am considering the use of Cisco Catalyst 3560
or 3750 switches instead of the router, but from the documentation,
these switches support WCCPv2 but the are some unsupported WCCP
features.

The WCCP features that are not supported in the software release
12.2(52)SE are:
- Packet redirection on an outbound interface that is configured by
using the "ip wccp redirect out" interface configuration command. This
command is not supported.
- The GRE forwarding method for packet redirection is not supported.
- The hash assignment method for load balancing is not supported.
- There is no SNMP support for WCCP.

Taking in consideration these unsupported features would it be possible
to:

1) use Squid in "interception" mode?

2) use Squid in "TProxy interception" mode?

Clemente