Re: [squid-users] modify the delay_pools at fly

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 10:46:47 +1200

 On Wed, 4 May 2011 12:38:43 -0400, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
> 2011/5/4 Amos Jeffries:
>> On 05/05/11 03:35, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried in previous post to change the established connection when
>>> the
>>> time of the delay_pool change. Amos give me 3 solution and now I'm
>>> trying with QoS, but I have this idea:
>>>
>>> If I have 2, 3 or the count of squid.conf that I could need, and
>>> with
>>> one script I make squid3 -k reconfigure. That not finish any active
>>> connection and apply the changes, what do you think?
>>
>> It is favoured by some. Has the slight side effect of "forgetting"
>> the delay
>> pool assigned on older Squid versions.
>
> What do you mean about "forget" the delay_pool?

 The reconfigure erases old delay pools config and re-creates it.
 As I recall the old code used to leave it at that, with the existing
 connections having no delay pool config set. That got fixed a year or
 two ago to re-calculate all existing requests delay pools after a
 configure. They may get a freshly filled pool suddenly, but stay limited
 overall.

>>> Remember that I have Ubuntu 10.04 with Squid 3 STABLE1. This night
>>
>> 10.04 and "3.0.STABLE1"? dude!
>
> lol I'm now deploying Debian 6, but I don't want to install squid
> until I solved my problems.
>

>>> when my users gone I gonna try !! Tomorrow I tell you, but if
>>> someone
>>> tried this, please, send the result, so i can use my time in QoS.
>>

> Now I just tried the -k reconfigure, but something strange happen, so
> I backup my squid.conf and in the new one I just put this delay_pool:
> delay_pools 1
> delay_class 1 1
> delay_parameters 1 10240/10240
> delay_access 1 allow all
>
> With this parameters the speed shouldn't be more than 10 KB, but I
> can
> see in my firewall the proxy reaches speeds until 32 KB, I guess
> there
> are just peaks, but if I have 100 clients, and all them make these
> peaks, then my DSL will be saturated.

 I'd put that down to STABLE1. Try again with the newer version in Deb
 6.

 Amos