Re: [squid-users] Re: Sudden error (1067) when starting squid service W2K3

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 19:17:57 +1200

On 25/05/11 14:10, Rhys Evans wrote:
> Seeing as I don't have any neighbour caches, I set htcp_port 0 and
> things seem to be OK. It still seems odd that this issue came up, I'm
> wondering if maybe some Windows update altered some behaviour in
> regard to allowing the binding required?

Looks similar to the Linux problem when Squid is not started as root (no
permission to open its listening sockets).

Since it was working before, there may be some registry change around
permissions involved. Possibly from the update or corruption from eth
crash you mentioned. Figuring out what and how is the tricky part.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1