[squid-users] Help Understanding Access Log

From: Momen, Mazdak <MMomen_at_cvent.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 22:31:29 +0000

Hi,

We're configuring our site which is hosted on an IIS server to use our squid server as a proxy (using the defaultproxy setting in machine.config). I'm trying to decipherer the access log, or more understand why it is using the same IP address. For example, one entry is:

1316557568.358 14937 10.51.1.61 TCP_MISS/000 0 GET http://10.51.1.61:3128/ - DIRECT/10.51.1.61 -

We have two interfaces on the squid server, one for internal access and one for external. The external interface is configured with a default gateway and we have a static route for any internal requests to go out the internal interface. The 10.51.1.61 IP is the external one, we have pointed our site to 10.52.1.61 (the internal IP). Why is the external IP address being shown in the log three times? All lines are similar to the above line but with the duration time different.