[squid-users] ordering in rebuilt swap.state

From: RW <rwmaillists_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:02:53 +0000

I noticed today that according to "squidclient mgr:storedir" my
retention had dropped from 200+ days to 5 days, but all the content
still seemed to be there. I tried rebuilding swap.state from the cache
files, but it made no difference.

I'm guessing that the rebuild had already been done automatically and
that when that happens there's no explicit sort to restore lru order,
it just relies on subsequent access and ageing. Does that sound
reasonable?

I was wondering, if I wrote bit of script to rename the cache files
into mtime order could I rebuild swap.state in lru order?