Re: [squid-users] Re: Delay_pools

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:00:48 +1200

On 09.09.2012 03:33, Alex Crow wrote:
> On 07/09/12 15:49, Landucci L. wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I read this discussion :
>>
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201006/0501.html
>>
>> talking about the configuration of your squid.conf.
>>
>> It was, i think, on squid 2. I'am interesting of
>> delay_client_reply_access that you use in your conf especially to slow
>> down connexion by mime types.
>>
>> I think that you since upgrade on squid 3 and want to know how you
>> did to still slowdown by mime types.
>>
>> I hope that you would be abble to help me.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your answer.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ludo.
>>
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately this is no longer possible with Squid 3. The code from
> Squid2-HEAD was not incorporated into Squid 3.
>
> Please keep this on the list so others can comment and benefit.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

Squid-3.2 includes client_delay_* configuration options for delaying
the client connection traffic. There is only one pool and it is applied
separately to each clients traffic.
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/client_delay_pools/
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/client_delay_parameters/
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/client_delay_access/