[squid-users] Website that will not work with outbound squid proxy

From: Jason Lewis <jlewis_at_Jaeb.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 13:17:23 +0000

Hello,

I am running a squid outbound proxy (version 3.1.10) on a CentOS 6 x86 install. Users can browse to http://www.lib.fsu.edu/find/bysubject/healthandmedicine.html without problem. When they click on and of the links or "Off Campus Access" that takes them to a login page squid can't establish the SSL connection. Users with Chrome are greeted with a SSL connection error 107 page. If I configure my workstation not to use the proxy then the website is reachable. This tells me it's not a DNS issue or a firewall issue since it's reachable using the same rules and DNS servers. The squid server does not have iptables running at this point. I tried to wget the url to see if the box can retrieve the page with no such luck. I've just been banging my head against the wall with this one site. All other sites users are accessing have no issues. Any help would be appreciated.

wget -v https://login.proxy.lib.fsu.edu/login?url=http://www.lib.fsu.edu/main
--2013-03-21 09:16:41-- https://login.proxy.lib.fsu.edu/login?url=http://www.lib.fsu.edu/main
Resolving login.proxy.lib.fsu.edu... 146.201.208.22
Connecting to login.proxy.lib.fsu.edu|146.201.208.22|:443... connected.
Unable to establish SSL connection.
This email and any attachments may contain confidential information to be used only by the intended recipient. Email communications are not considered secure. If you are NOT the intended recipient, please notify the original sender with a copy to hipaa.security_at_jaeb.org and destroy the message.