Re: [squid-users] cache_dir sapce has 600GB free space then also I get message "WARNING cache_mem is larger than total disk cache space!"

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 03:07:48 +1300

On 21/03/2013 11:18 p.m., John Joseph wrote:
> Thanks Nichols
> It worked , I stoped the service and then did
>
> squid -z
>
> now in my squid.conf I have
>
> " cache_dir aufs /opt/var/spool/squid 570000 32 256"
>
> I have one doubt, The file type you have advices is 'aufs' while in the sample configuration it is given 'ufs' , should I keeot
>
> 'aufs' or 'ufs'

UFS = Unix File System
AUFS = UFS with Asynchronous I/O (or I/O thread) support

Naturally the highly parallel disk I/O access method is faster than the
basic filesystem I/O method. In between them performance-wise is diskd
cache type (disk daemon) which still uses the standard I/O methods to a
UFS format cache, but does them in a dedicated daemon separated from the
main Squid network processing load. For strange (probably bug related)
reasons diskd works better than AUFS on BSD systems.

Amos