RE: [squid-users] one dansguardian, multiple squids

From: Rafael Akchurin <rafael.akchurin_at_diladele.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 19:31:55 +0000

Hello Fred,

Not sure about Dansguardian (possibly configure it as parent proxy for all Squids) but ICAP server qlproxy that does the same web filtering as DansGuardian but within Squid (coupled through ICAP protocol) will do the job nicely.
Just install it on a separate server and direct all Squids using icap_* configuration directives to it.
Having more CPUs on the server will greatly increase concurrency as qlproxy is heavily threaded inside.

Best regards,
Rafael