Re: [squid-users] squid 3.3.8 running away

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:58:01 +0200

Hey Mr,

I will might not find the solution in one sec but..
What interfaces do you have?
What is the network load?
Have you tried to use SMP on this machine?
In order to analyze the basic traffic size you can use the machine as a
"router" only based on linux.
This would give you the basic picture of the network traffic load.
The basic information is RPS or Connections Per Second.

What are the symptoms of "kills" it?
If you do have some logs that will describe it will help to see them.

Thank,
Eliezer

On 31/01/14 11:48, Mr J Potter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to roll out SSLBump internet filtering. I've got it all
> working fine under test conditions, but squid grinds to a halt using
> 100% CPU.
>
> I've gone through all the comments on this online, and it seems all to
> point to file descriptors. (I think I've fixed this proviously by
> setting this value with squid 3.2).
>
> In my current setup I don't have any disk cache, and adding
> file_descriptors doesn't fix it. It only seems to go when load hist a
> certain threshold. It can run fine all day, but when I add more
> traffic, it just dies. I.m pretty sure its nothing to do with SSLBump
> as I use this server for all youtube traffic via SSLBUmp (its fine)
> but when I put everything else through with no SSL bump, the load
> seems to kill it.
>
> ... and it doesn't seem to be using the 2GB RAM allocated to it for
> cache. the whole machine only uses ~750MB.
>
> Any idea anyone? config files and details below...
>
> thankyou
>
> Jim Potter
> BEC Network Manager
<SNIP>