[squid-users] external_acl_type strange behavior

From: bazn <vogt.dom_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 04:31:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi all

i've written a external_acl_type in perl for managing user/time quotas. In
my squid.conf i manage this like this:

external_acl_type time_quota ttl=60 children-max=1 %LOGIN /usr/bin/perl
/etc/squid3/cust/quota.pl

the quota.pl now checks with the username given with %LOGIN (i have also a
auth acl before that) if the user still has time to surf or not. If not it
will post a deny info etc. (it's all handled with a mysql db etc.)

Now with just one user logged in it works just wonderful... :-) the problem
starts if there is a second user... squid does forward the %LOGIN only from
the new loged in user. the old one is now just handled like the 2nd one.
same quota etc.

In my debug logs I see squid is telling- 1st user now has the same username
as the 2nd... I don't understand this. I also tried to set the children-max
to more than 1 - still the same.

Did I misunderstood something?