Re: TCP_IFMODSINCE

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik.nordstrom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 22:30:24 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Guenther Fischer wrote:

> If squid get a request with Pragma: no-cache -> squid has to get it DIRECT,
> but I think (wish?) squid should it use to refresh cached copies of this
> URL.

It does that (or is at least supposed to) on all requests that
is cacheable. Pragma: no-cache only says that the request can't
be server from a cache. The result may and should be cached.

> Often it happens, that we found an old page and the user does a Reload or
> Shift Reload. Both do Pragma: no-cache. If squid doesn't update the cache
> the next user gets the old page again.
>
> How is it?

It is the way it should be. If a user gets a new page by pressing
reload, then the next user should get the same page. The exeption
is when the new page is uncacheable (then the old page may
be left in the cache).

---
Henrik Nordstrom